Last weekend, I took an opportunity that presented itself. I decided to go off-grid (not so much – still in GA). I found cool unique stay on Airbnb and there it was… A beautiful Tiki Airstream. I have aways been into temporarily living in small unique spaces and this solidified every thought. I silenced my phone, braided my hair and enjoyed my glasses of wine. It was a night I would never forget. Sometimes, we just need to UNWIND and UNPLUG.
We live in a society where “over-working” is norm to the point that “over-working” begins to wear down our bod(ies). It is so important to remove yourself from everything and everyone every once a while and SOLELY focus on yourself and God (or whomever you believe in). It’s amazing how much you learn about yourself during those quiet moments.
AFFORDABLE WAYS TO UNPLUG:
- Visit a nature trail weekly. Find a quiet space and bring a book.
- Take a private yoga class.
- Save money bi-weekly to take a solo trip. Visit a unique stay in your area.
- Fast social media for 3-4 weeks. When you begin to feel tempted, use that time to pray.
- Silence your phone notifications. Return to your phone when you feel.
5 BENEFITS FOR UNPLUGGING
- Create joy and inner peace
- Helps you feel recharge
- Improves your interpersonal communication
- Improves your overall quality of life
- You appreciate your time more
Challenge: Plan your next trip to UNWINE and UNPLUG