I am constantly posting great deals that I find on my IG stories and due to the response, I want to share my secret on how I find these great deals. Would you believe me if I told you that my shoes cost the most out of my entire look? Top ($4), 100% leather pants ($3), Beaded handbag ($2) and my white boots ($30). So, let me show YOU how I learned how to shop on a budget. I also included my favorite places to shop in Atlanta, GA as well as online.
“I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.” –
Tammy Faye Bakker
Being a huge fan of thrifting, I learned to have a specific list of items when shopping or creating a mood board via Pinterest always helps. For this particular shopping trip, my goal was to acquire a leather skirt. Though that was unsuccessful — I ended up falling upon these polished leather pants instead. If you know what you are going inside for, you’ll have better luck coming out.
“If you know what you are going inside for, you’ll have better luck coming out.”
Working in the fashion industry/field for 4+ years, I became infatuated with understanding the process of how fabric is formulated. Therefore, finding pieces that is designed with durable fabric is an absolute MUST for me. I want a person to look at what I am wearing and assume I put a lot of money into my attire (9 times out of 10, I didn’t).
If you have a shopping addiction like me (I purchase pieces multiple times per week), I had to learn how to STRETCH a dollar. The beauty of fast fashion is: whatever product is produced WILL mark down to sale — regardless. Being someone that doesn’t follow trends, i’m patient enough to wait until the sales hit. It is so worth it!
That’s how you shop on a budget!
My favorite Thrift shops in Atlanta:
- Value Village – Snellville (I never had an unlucky day in this place)
- Value Village – Tucker
- Buffalo Exchange – Ponce De Leon (More pricey thrift store, but the quality is much better!)
My favorite online stores:
- ASOS: I shop here the most! Shop ‘Sale’. Shop ASOS.com for Halloween and get up to 60% off 600 products! Valid 10/30-11/1 at 8am BST.
- Zara: When they have a sale, it’s truly the best sale in online retail. You just have to catch it at the right time.
- Nasty Gal: Great things are always on sale. 55% Off Everything (excluding sale) with code NGUS55